Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Harvest Bounty

As I mentioned, in another post, we started a garden this year.... well, this is some of the first veggies we picked. There is zucchini, summer squash, crookneck squash, carrots, peas and green beans. We also have a bunch of herbs (cilantro, basil and parsley). We have picked this amount several times since. I am so thrilled with our efforts.

I am not a huge veggie lover, but truth be told they are really good. Must be something about the home-grown process that makes them taste so much better. We have had some yummy dinners and are getting all the healthy stuff at the same time.

The other night I tried my hand with homemade pesto... it turned out so much better than the store bought which I really like. I was so proud of myself. I then made baby food for Laney. We are going to end up having enough for several months. What a savings. She is going to LOVE it, plus no preservatives...  I heart my garden.
<>
This is Cilantro. There is so much that some of it has gone to seed.

No comments: