Tuesday, February 9, 2010

DELANEY'S BIRTH....

Miracles continue to happen in our lives.... On Thanksgiving day, 11-26-09, at 9:58 am, Delaney Louise Allen was born. My labor started at 9:30pm, 11-25-09, when my water broke at home. We dropped Cooper off at our friends, the Jackson's house, then headed for the hospital. I was admitted at 11:30pm. My contractions got really intense right away so I called my Mom and Sister to hurry. They arrived in warp speed only to find that although my contractions were strong I was not dilating. I was put on Potassium and because my threshold for pain is non existent I asked for an epidural. We waited and waited and waited. Since mom had just gotten out of the hospital from her surgeries I encouraged them to go home and get some rest. The hours past by slowly. I was rather comfortable until the epidural wore off at about 7 centimeters. I thought I was going to die... I was also itching all over... I was given more medication and told it would kick in with-in about 15 min. I waited and nothing.... still in incredible amounts of pain I asked for relief.... in the mean time Delaney's heart rate dropped during every contraction. The doctors (yes, more than one... three to be exact) told me that if it didn't stop soon that I would need an emergency c-section. I was told to get on my hands and knees to changed the position of the baby. With the change and some fluids added her heart rate was back to normal. I was told I could get on my back again. Immediately I felt like I needed to push. The last time I was check I was at 7 centimeters... We called mom and Courtney... this was about 9:35am on 11-26-09. The nurse said if I was still feeling pressure after a few more contractions she would call the doctor to check me. Sure enough the pressure continued. The doctor came and checked me I was dilated to 10 and ready to push. It was now close to 9:50am. Mom and Courtney would not make it in time.... After the doctor got ready and I started pushing she was born at 9:58am... only 5 minutes of pushing. Delaney weighted 7 pounds and 8 ounces. She was 19 3/4 inches long. She had a apgar score of 9 and was doing great. The doctor put her on my stomach right away. The nurses took her after a few minutes to clean her up a bit and to examine her. They gave her back to me fairly quickly and she started nursing right away... It was an amazing experience I shall never forget!


the monitor showing contractions... boy they were coming fast!

Just waiting!

Drugs and trying to sleep

Poor mom... just had surgery and couldn't walk very far... Court got her a wheel chair.

She latched on right away! Boy, I look tore up!

Nanie staring in amazement and love...

Getting check out...

First bath

Warming up after the bath


She had jaundice so I put her in the sun light in our hospital room.

Going home outfit with homemade blanket from Janice (so soft).

At home with brother.

No comments: